Monday, September 17, 2007

Antsy

So for weeks and weeks, I have been striving, longing, and working for arrival on campus. Some might even say that I was antsy for the day in which I would leave my small town, rural America, and journey to the big city in Chapel Hill, to begin work as a staff intern. Finally, this past weekend, I made the move, took the leap, stepped out in faith... wow, I should stop using commas and metaphors. But, you get the picture.

So today (I'm so proud of myself!) I navigated the necessary public transportation to get myself from my little apartment onto the big campus, less than 3 miles away, but oh so daunting.

Arriving on campus, I had no real purpose yet, save to find a comfortable spot, observe my new habitation, and dive into a book called "How People Grow." I thought that a giant tree on north campus would provide the perfect location to do said activities. So I settled myself comfortably in this giant nook that was exactly Kristen-sized, and snuggled down for a good long read-observe period. Unbeknownst to me, I had also picked the psychodelic-disco ball party-place-to-be location of the Chapel Hill population of black ants. Within about five minutes, they were dancing on my legs, arms, shirt, and oh so devestatingly, down my pants. Quite literally, I was ant-sy, with ants in my pants... and everywhere else!

Ah, the irony. For so long antsy in one way... now ant-sy in quite a different way.

Welcome to campus, Kristen! Anyone know how to remove or locate MIA black ants?

No comments: