Monday, November 26, 2007

good days... and then not good days

ALEXANDER AND THE TERRIBLE, HORRIBLE, NO GOOD, VERY BAD DAY
by Judith Viorst

"I went to sleep with gum in my mouth and now there's gum in my hair and when I got out of bed this morning I tripped on the skateboard and by mistake I dropped my sweater in the sink while the water was running and I could tell it was going to be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day...." (for the rest of the story: go here )

Some days you just wake up and know that they'll be spectacular! Others, even in Australia, just aren't so hot. On the days that aren't so hot, I am constantly reminded of a Matt Redman song, which goes something like this:

Blessed be Your name/ When the sun's shining down on me/ When the world's 'all as it should be/ 'Blessed be Your name

Blessed be Your name/ On the road marked with suffering/ Though there's pain in the offering
/Blessed be Your name

Every blessing You pour out/ I'll turn back to praise/ When the darkness closes in, Lord/ Still I will say/ Blessed be the name of the Lord

So, blessed be the name of the Lord, whether on good days, or even on Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad days... can I do that?

I choose to say yes. Blessed be the name of the Lord.

No comments: