Sunday, December 16, 2007

Grab-bag

* Friday night, some girl friends and I went contra-dancing down in my town for my birthday. Conversation with my first dance partner of the night went something like this:

Me: "So, what are you doing here in Chapel Hill?"
Him: "Well, I'm working on the Unified Theory of Forces... do you know what that is?"
Me: "Ohhhh, so, you're a physicist, huh?"

After that, he was hooked. My inherent knowledge of the forces had very clear pick-up value, for once in my life. The only problem was that he was somewhere in the 55 range, bald, and rather sweaty, and he kept trying to cut in when I was dancing with the young, attractive, and not so physics-y savvy men. Go figure.

* My friend Krystal and I convinced our friend Jordan that we were taking him belly dancing.

* I have been officially kicked off the match-making board. And I am not displeased with that.

* The Myers-Briggs personality test has always been fascinating to me. Going into college, I was an ENTJ (extroverted, intuitive, thinking, judging). By the end of college, thanks to living with my roommate of three years, I had become an ENTP (p is perceiving). This past week, as I browsed through historical folks who shared my personality typology, I discovered that Hitler was an ENTJ. I was quite delighted to discover that I was no longer a Hitler. My roommate was delighted as well. However, I was not so delighted to learn that I now share the same results as Osama Bin Laden. Welcome to the reign of the tyrants.

And on that note... I'm going to go and hang snow flakes all over my living room.

No comments: