Saturday, December 8, 2007

UR vs. ASU

I might not like football very much, but I do dig my Spiders...

And so, when the Spiders make the semifinals of the NCAA Division I tournament for the first time in 50 years, despite the fact that it's a Friday night... despite the fact that no one else wants to watch the game with me... despite the fact that watching men in spandex run around in frigid cold weather is not my favorite sight... despite the fact that our chances of winning are slim-to-none... despite all of that, I plop down on my couch to watch the entire game. Why? Because...

I'm Spider-born and Spider-bred
And when I die, I'll be Spider-dead!

And, I must say, as the the only school in the country with a spider for a mascot, University of Richmond is the only place in which I can proudly associate myself with the arachnoid family.

And, despite the fact that we did not win (ASU 55, UR 35), I am mighty proud of my Spiders for a game well-fought... one first at a time!

... next up, Spiders in Space!

No comments: