Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Rest in Peace

Yesterday night, at 11:08pm, a very tragic event occurred.

Ladies and Gentlemen, for those of you who have known me for some time... or even those who haven't known me for as long... you will understand the depths of my woe, when you hear of this travesty.

At 11:08pm, I laid to rest a very dear friend, who had been with me for many a year. Every morning, he would greet me with fresh, hot coffee... never breakfast in bed, just a warm and comforting cup o' joe. Without fail, when I needed him at any point throughout the day, he would rise to the challenge-- he could always stand the heat. He was, in a word, my constant companion.

Yes, dear friends, at 11:08pm, I laid to rest Giacomo, my faithful brewer and energizing enthusiast.... my coffee pot. The small crack which had been ruminating around his wide base expanded to envelop him... and my dear friend ceased to metaphorically and physically "hold water" or be able to "stand the heat." We have had many a good year, dear friend.

Giacomo, rest in peace.

Rest of the world, have mercy. For the rest of the week, my caffeine levels will be slightly different-- who knows what effect that might have, as I grieve and mourn my loss. :-)

1 comment:

Amy said...

What I would like to know is what in the world were you doing making coffee at 1108pm?!?!?! :)