Friday, June 27, 2008

Get out of the Boat

we are but poor fishermen,
and after a long days night,
we have nothing to show.
why would we put out into deep water
in the late morning sun?

is Jesus big enough?
can I believe that?

will I fall to my knees amidst
smelly fish,
or be satisfied mending nets
stuck in my boat
as the great Fisher of Men
walks away?

casting vision.
or casting nets.

dare you to dream,
to dock the boat,
set foot on dry ground,
smelly fish still flopping?
ludicrous in a fisherman's world.

“follow me,” says he.
“I’m calling you to something
so much greater.”

“come. follow. me.”
three commands, not one.
is your vision big enough,
to get out of the boat?

Jesus got in the boat;
will you get out?

1 comment:

Jen said...

Your post titles, read in sequence, make a great statement:

Get out of the Boat! You are not a tasty piece of meat. Calvinists, Arminians, Meritocracy, and Coffee: until we meet again,
entschuldigung. Thank you, Lord, for my knees' patterns of behavior, the lie grab-bag asking the question, "Why?" Remember, tell Checkers what you want me to do, unemotional woman.

Complete side note. Regardless. I enjoyed reading the last few posts.