Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Thank you, Lord, for my knees.

Today I am thankfully for two knees that work.

When I get stressed or over-stimulated or angry or sad, I run. It's my way of getting out emotion in a healthy manner. So, when my knees complain of overuse or stress, my life becomes doubly difficult. My manner of relieving stress is stressed-out, so to speak. And I often get more stressed or angry or sad as a result. But, I rarely, if ever, thank God for the days in which both of my knees function as they were intended, without pain or aches or weird squeaking noises.

Such is the case with many of the blessings in my life:
  • a head which, 25 days out of 31, does not suffer from migraines or severe headaches
  • internet which, most days, functions wonderfully well
  • the luxury of having enough food that I even could consider the option of overeating
  • a car which, despite guzzling gas, runs and runs well

I rarely, if ever, thank God for the days in which I see these blessings in full.

But I always, without fail, whine and complain and ask Him to change things, when I have a headache, when my internet is down, or when my knees hurt too much to run.

So, today, I want to be thankful for two knees which work. God has blessed me abundantly; it's probably time that I started saying "thank-you" more often.

No comments: