Monday, March 8, 2010

sleepless in...

Airports that I have slept in: Stansted, Luton, Heathrow, Dusseldorf, and now add O'Hare.

It's 5:14am local time in Chicago and I am waiting on a standby flight home... in the last 10 nights, I have slept in a bed 8 nights, gotten 4 or less hours of sleep 2 times, and gotten more than 6 hours of sleep 2 times, slept on a bus, slept in an airport, slept on a creaky bunk-bed, slept through a party, slept through a fight, slept with two different strangers, and seen the ugly side of 4am 3 times. :)

And the verdict is in: KG can sleep through anything, in any position, and any location.

Such is the adventure of my spring break [27 hr bus ride and service trip from boston to new orleans with students, then college friend's wedding in chicago].... and I wouldn't trade it for anything!

Last night I dreamt that I was attempting to decorate a nursery in the theme of the Princess and the Frog and was very nervous that I would set my child up for frog-failure. Not sure what "frog-failure" meant, but that was the 2am fear. I also dreamt that I was a ninja. Not sure how those two fit together, but that is the perk of sleeping in strange places: very strange dreams!

And news flash, airports: as helpful as those security alert warnings are when we are flying, at 3am, when there are no flights leaving and all the residents of Hotel Airport Floor are attempting to grab 40 winks, they are less than helpful.

None-the-less, fun as it has been, I must say, I am more than eager to finally see my own bed again. :)

No comments: