Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Summer Reading List

Well friends, the summer is fast approaching, and you know what that means: Summer reading lists! [this is exciting to me!] [Perhaps some of you aren't as nerdy as me...] [you would not believe how many books I have on my shelf that I'm "waiting for the right moment" to read.]

As an InterVarsity staff, one of the ways that I utilize my time during the summer is by studying and reading [both Christian and secular sources] to improve my own knowledge, and to enable me to minister more effectively during the school year.

This year, as I prepare to embark into the summer, I find myself with a rather ambitious looking reading list [which I'm pretty excited about!]. If anyone is interested in reading with me, by all means, let me know!

Summer Reading List 2010
  1. A Prayer For Owen Meany by John Irving
  2. The Divine Comedy by Dante
  3. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
  4. A Beggar in Jerusalem by Elie Wiesel
  5. Cry, the Beloved Country by Alan Paton
  6. Blessed Unrest by Paul Hawken
  7. The Great Divorce by CS Lewis
  8. The Problem of Pain by CS Lewis
  9. He Has Made Me Glad by Ben Patterson
  10. Good News About Injustice by Gary Haugen
  11. Real Sex by Lauren Winner
  12. Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas
  13. Stretch Out Your Hand Tilda by Norberg and Robert Webber
  14. The Deeper Journey by M. Robert Mulholland
  15. The Gift of Being Yourself by David Benner

2 comments:

Jen said...

Irving - yes
Dante - hehe
Hugo - YES!

others sound interesting! might have to check some of them out...

Karen said...

I just picked up A Prayer For Owen Meany - have you started it yet? Got your newsletter a few weeks ago - can't wait to see you sometime this summer :)