Monday, January 5, 2009

Wroooonng Leverrrrrrrr....

Stepped off my front porch this morning onto a solid sheet of black ice.

Not realizing that it was in fact black ice until my feet were no longer in contact with the stairs, I did a very graceful pirouette and gently landed tail-end first on the side walk.

And by that I mean, both of my feet flew out from under me simultaneously and I extremely ungracefully surrendered myself to the forces of gravity (9.8 m/s^2 in the negative direction) and landed frumpishly on the sidewalk, which I am henceforth renaming the "slidewalk." Ouch. Oh yes, and there were witnesses. An old man, a young woman, and a dog, to be precise.

Good morning, Monday.

Yzma: Pull the lever, Kronk!
[Kronk pulls a lever, and Yzma falls into a pit]
Yzma: [as she is falling] Wrong lever!

(credits, Emperor's New Groove)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment, Kristen!

And may I say, Emperor's New Groove is one of my favorite movies!

Grace and peace in Christ,
Jon

Whitney said...

i love that movie. it makes me laugh just thinking about it!