Saturday, August 29, 2009

where else would i go?

faithful is our God:
he is Jehovah Jireh- my provider
he hears the cries of my heart.
he answers the prayers of his people.
he is compassionate and just.
he answers truly, without bent or flaw.
he will answer my cry,
as he sees best.
Lord, attune me to the sound of your voice,
your yes. your no.
let me hear your voice and rejoice,
when your timing is right.
until then, Jesus, and after, i will submit.

[the image is one i drew in my journal this morning, but have been reflecting on for a few months now]

the text [if you can't read it] says:

Where else would I go?
falling on my knees...
clinging to the edge of your robe-
all of my hopes, desires-
Jesus, bless me;
i have nowhere else to go.
if you say no, i'm still here:
where else would i go?
but i'm falling on my knees...
clinging to the edge of your robe...
begging:
Jesus, bless me.
you know these desires,
deepest of my heart...
bless me.
please.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful.